Hey guys! So to promote this week’s sale i thought i would do a post on some of my 7 top traits in a YA heroine!
1) Okay so my all time favorite heroines are ones that seriously kick butt! Not necessarily physically, verbally does the trick!
2) They have to be funny even if they don’t make jokes, there way of thinking or actions are usually what make me smile the most 🙂
3) I hate it when they try too hard to get your pity.
4) If they have a special affinity for YA books then they’re already ranked cool in my book.
5) I don’t really like the pristine image of a heroine-as in perfect. I think that all of us want them to be more down to earth, more humane so that we can relate to them and really connect with them.
6) I’m a big fat fan of bad boy-good girl romance but one thing that really irks me is when the heroine feels that she has to change the hero completely.
7) They can’t spend paragraphs talking about how they’re getting ready with all the clothes and the make up…
Yep so that’s it! Comment below and tell me what you most appreciate in a YA heroine 😛 And don’t forget to check out the book on sale! Thanks to Entangled Teen for letting me help out with this event!
After a brutal nuclear war, the United States was left decimated. A small group of survivors eventually banded together, but only after more conflict over which family would govern the new nation. The Westfalls lost. Fifty years later, peace and control are maintained by marrying the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning group in a yearly ritual.
This year, it is my turn.
My name is Ivy Westfall, and my mission is simple: to kill the president’s son—my soon-to-be husband—and return the Westfall family to power.
But Bishop Lattimer is either a very skilled actor or he’s not the cruel, heartless boy my family warned me to expect. He might even be the one person in this world who truly understands me. But there is no escape from my fate. I am the only one who can restore the Westfall legacy.
Because Bishop must die. And I must be the one to kill him…
Amy Engel Bio: